Gastric Botulinum toxin, an innovative intervention that helps you lose weight
Do you want to lose weight without much effort? Have the regimens and procedures you’ve tried so far not worked? Doctors at the Legacy Med clinic recommend a new method that helps you lose weight: gastric botulinum toxin.
What is gastric Botulinum toxin? It is a procedure in which specialists inject Botulinum toxin(Clostridium botulinum bacteria, also used for anti-aging treatments) into the vagus nerve in the stomach to cause patients to feel full.
As a result of the studies, it was shown that people who underwent this treatment began to consume smaller portions of food and therefore gradually lost weight.
At the Legacy Med clinic , we find the optimal treatment methods for our patients, according to their needs, in order to benefit from the most beautiful results.
How gastric Botulinum toxin is performed
As with any intervention, before performing the procedure, the patient will receive a detailed examination and some medical advice to prepare him for the treatment. Here is how the intervention, which lasts about 15 minutes, will proceed:
- The patient will be received and admitted to the clinic;
- The patient will be given a complete anamnesis so that the doctor can ensure that his state of health is stable and ready for the intervention;
- A dose of Botulinum toxin will be established according to the needs of each patient;
- The patient will receive a local anesthesia;
- Next, a sterile endoscope with a needle will be inserted into the patient’s stomach through the mouth to administer the Botulinum toxin injection;
- After the procedure, the patient will be under observation for a short time, until the effect of the local anesthesia disappears, and he will be discharged the same day.
What are the advantages of the Botulinum toxin injection procedure in the stomach
Botulinum toxin injection into the stomach is a simple and quick procedure that can help people who need to lose weight. The intervention restores the feeling of satiety to patients so that they consume less food and lose weight naturally. Here are the advantages of the procedure:
It is not an open operation, Botulinum toxin is injected directly into a nerve in the stomach;
General anesthesia is not required, so there will be no recovery period;
The operation is very quick, it takes only about 15 minutes;
The effects of the intervention may be immediate or appear shortly after the injection;
The intervention is cheaper compared to other types of weight loss procedures;
Complications are rare and consist of bleeding, fever, excessive vomiting, or perforation of the esophagus.
The procedure is effective for a period of approximately 6 months. Thus, to maintain weight loss, the doctor may recommend repeating the intervention at a certain time interval.